Re: [OM] OM-1 1.3V mercury battery question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 1.3V mercury battery question
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 13:02:56 -0600
At 01:12 PM 7/4/2000 -0400, Robert wrote:

>Anyone know anything about the HD625 batteries promoted on this site? Are
>they another imitation 1.3V mercury with a 1.45V output like the GM625
>bbatteries?
>
>http://buttononline.heha.net/productlist.htm
>
>BTW -- someone on the list mentioned that the PX625 1.3V mercury batteries
>are still available in Canada. Anyone know of a source?

Yes, virtually any camera shop that doesn't just sell Nikon wonderbricks and
point 'n shoots (also known as "PHD" cameras ["press here, dummy"]).
Unfortunately, they're only available until the supplies run out (Varta was the
last manufacturer of these batteries on the planet, and they stopped making 'em
at the end of 1999 to comply with EU environmental regulations), and shipping
them from Canada into the States (where they're illicit, doncha know) always
runs the risk of them being stopped and seized at a U.S. Customs clearing
centre.

I can always buy a few for U.S. list members and attempt shipment, but it's on
your dime, and if they're seized, you're outta luck.

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/