Re: [OM] copyright issues

Subject: Re: [OM] copyright issues
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 13:21:24 PDT
Well put, Phillip, and I agree. We must not allow the intended expansive definition of free speech and a free press to be narrowed down to the level of usage established by the corporate media.

While freedoms in the United States were won the hard way, they will be lost the easy way - by attrition and neglect - if we allow others to define those freedoms for us.

Lex

From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
[snip]
I think every photographer should be familiar with the issues of what
requires a model release or license and what does not.  Any time one
shoots people on the street or in public they are fair game for anything
that is journalistic or information related.
[snip]
Anyway I think this is something every U. S. photographer should
understand especially on Independence Day.

A happy and safe Fourth to all.

Phillip Franklin