Re: [OM] copyright issues

Subject: Re: [OM] copyright issues
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 11:41:47 -0400
At 9:35 AM -0400 7/6/00, "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think that if the photos were used for any other commercial purpose
that a release would be required. I think also that since the photos
are not for sale to the general public a release is not required. If
there was a famous relative at the wedding, and you took a picture of
him drunk and dancing with a 15 year year old, then sold the photo to
the Enquirer with a racy caption, then I think you'd be in deep doodoo.
You'd have to spend all the money you got for the photo on defending
yourself in court. bummer.

Hmm. I wonder if that one would come under the heading of "news photography"...
Maybe all those wedding where they put disposable cameras around for people to use, they should attach a statement of terms: "By picking up this camera, you agree...."

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx