Re: [OM] OM-1 cleaning information requested / Gunk in viewfinder

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 cleaning information requested / Gunk in viewfinder
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 19:31:14 PDT
While silvering the pentaprism may increase light transmission only a couple of percent, every little bit helps, especially in dim light and with slower lenses. OM cameras have typically had a slight edge in light transmission over the years. That was a strong selling point for me in deciding to replace my ailing Canon FTbn with an OM-1 when I needed another SLR with mirror lockup and DOF preview.
Lex Jenkins
Visit "Vistas Tejas" at http://www.photoscene.com/lexjenkins/

From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>