Re: [OM] Anyone got a shift lens for sale?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone got a shift lens for sale?
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:46:48 +0100
Lex wrote:

>I'd thought of that, Dirk.  Even a stepstool provides enough elevation to
>substantially reduce perspective distortion, and I've got one that'll fit
in
>the car...

A cheap alternative is to set up the shot with the camera on a monopod, or
tripod with the legs almost closed, set the self timer and lift the lot in
the air. The result emulates a photo taken by a 12 foot tall photographer
who can't see to frame very well.
I've used this method to 'see' over high walls and fences but you have to
remember doing it or when your prints come back you'll say "I don't remember
this view - whose pictures are these?"
Most important is to ensure that the space you're lifting the camera into is
clear or, like I did once, entangle it in low tree branches. Don't do it
near electricity pylons - or in a storm!

Regards,
Keith Berry
(Birmingham, England)
k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx