Re: [OM] Anyone got a shift lens for sale?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone got a shift lens for sale?
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 09:57:13 PDT
Olaf, I wondered when a true Zuikoholic would rise up and speak! Imagine, trying to substitute a ladder or cherry picker for a lens ... my gadget bag is already cramped for space as it is. Then I'd need one of those DomkLoweRac Ultra Trekker Handyman Special bags.

As far as spousal objections are concerned, well, that doesn't apply to me ... altho' I may remarry someday, and if I do it'll have to be a really tall woman this time, in which case I'd have perfect justification for a shift 'portrait' lens. Gotta keep things in perspective, y'know, especially in marriage.

Lex

From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm shocked!!!
Lex came up with the perfect justification for bringing home a shift lens,
and you're informing him there are cheaper non-Oly alternatives; hah! Some
zuikoholics you are!!! ;))))

"Seriously honey, I _do_ need that shift lens, there's absolutely no other
way... Puulllleeaasse can I have it, pretty please????" ;)))

More seriously though: indeed, if you're only planning on using the shift
for one shot or so, the mentioned alternatives are much better.

Now, if on the other hand you will need it for more pictures, the story
changes.... And then you go down town Manhattan, and oh my god, the 35/2.8
Shift doesn't suffice anymore, noooo you now _need_ the 24/3.5 Shift!!!
That's when zuikoholism really kicks in. Hmm, I guess I'd better _not_ go to
NYC on my NJ trip, or else...........;)

Cheerio!
Olafo