Re: [OM] OM-1 cleaning information requested / Gunk in viewfinder

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 cleaning information requested / Gunk in viewfinder
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 21:41:53 PDT
That's pretty much what I figured. Definitely not a job for a tinkerer, unless one is satisfied with nearly-in-focus images.

I've already noticed minor differences in focusing accuracy between other camera bodies using the same lenses, probably due to age-induced variations between those elements you listed.

Thanks for the info, John.

Lex

From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>

The pentaprism sits in a frame, which rests inside the main body casting.
Between this frame and the main body casting are spacers which raise and
lower the focus screen position.  AFter screen focus is set, mirror angle
must be reset, then  screen focus rechecked against flange- back distance.
None of this can be (accurately) done by eye or with newspaper taped to a
wall.

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Ln.  Huntington NY 11743-4714