Re: [OM] RE: More TOYS

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: More TOYS
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 22:39:58 PDT
Wouldn't like you like to ask the original owner how the camera got in that shape? Probably some good stories behind it. Like, maybe it was babied until that first scratch. Once the 'new' was off, it was all downhill. Teenage daughter started using the Tamrac bag for school 'cause it looked so rad. So dad tossed the OM into a briefcase along with the cell phone and notebook computer. Then junior borrowed the camera for the prom and when it got back from the party it had a permanent hangover from having been dropped twice and being force-fed a couple of brews and some cherry-popper punch. It was relegated to the car glove box as an accident camera and after a few years of banging against the pliers and tire gauge, it finally came to rest, propping up a leaky, crooked refrigerator in the garage.

Until one day mom said, "Would you puh-leeze get that *thing* out of the garage! It's attracting rats."

And those of us who don't mind other people's rodent bait benefit, once again.
Lex Jenkins
Visit "Vistas Tejas" at http://www.photoscene.com/lexjenkins/

From: "Craig Henrikson" <chenriks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

OK folks -- Here is a preliminary report on the "Brian Huber" 4t from
Columbus Camera.  I bought the thing and it arrived today!

The bad news:  This has to be the ugliest camera I have ever seen.