Re: [OM] So what's a shift lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] So what's a shift lens?
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 19:04:31 EDT
In a message dated 00-07-09 18:17:29 EDT, Volkhart writes:

> The lens has been tested very favorably in Foto-Magazin 5/94. Since
>  their last catalogue (April/May/June) they are also offering this lens in a
>  shift & tilt version at DM 949.- (US $ 462.-), and in the current one
>  (July/Aug./Sept.), for the first time, they also have both versions in OM
>  mount :-). Also new is a 2.8/80mm shift & tilt at the same price, also
>  available in OM mount. If I had that kind of money to spend right now I
>  might be tempted....

That's good news indeed. For a lens without an auto diaphragm it shouldn't
have been too difficult an engineering job.  I have always lusted after (in a
camera sense) the Canon 24 shift/tilt.  With a shift/tilt you don't need as
short of a focal length lens to get that near/far effect so a 35mm shift/tilt
will do just fine.

Warren