Re: [OM] File formats (was: New pictures: butterflies and Thailand)

Subject: Re: [OM] File formats (was: New pictures: butterflies and Thailand)
From: Conrad Vogel <conrad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 16:38:27 -0800
My thoughts exactly.  I used to use the tiff file format, but now use the PNG
format. The selling point for me is the non-patented, completely lossless
compression and open source code.  Windoze Explorer and I believe the newer
Netscape can also read these files for web pages.  They compress better than
Tiff
files too.

Check out the PNG page at: http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/

--