Re: [OM] In need of a second OM Body + more accurate metering....

Subject: Re: [OM] In need of a second OM Body + more accurate metering....
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 20:21:09 +0000
At 14:42 7/9/00 , Stephen wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I haven't used the list much recently, but I have a question now. I am in
>need of a second OM body to use, mainly so I can use 2 different films at
>the same time, and have a back up if one goes wrong (?!) I already own an
>OM1n-MD and have done for about 10 years. I really am happy with the camera,
>the size, the weight and handling etc. The problem is that I can't decide on
>what to get as the second body. The options I am considering are:
>
>1. Buy an OM3 or 4 to use alongside the OM1
>
>or
>
>2. Buy another OM1n-MD and use the money saved to purchase a decent handheld
>lightmeter, such as a Sekonic L308-BII.
>
>I need some help in deciding which option to go with. Any ideas?!!!
>
>Thanks,
>
>Stephen.

I kinda did the reverse (after having an OM-10 for a long time) . . . an
OM-4, then an OM-1n.  For me the OM-4/1n are a great combination and
complement each other.  The metering in the OM-4 (and OM-4Ti) is flexible,
very accurate, easy to use, and has excellent multi-spot metering.  In
"Manual" mode it works like an OM-3 except with an electronic shutter.  If
you have a "T" series flash, its TTL/OTF flash control is also excellent,
and not easily fooled (not impossible, but definitely not as easy as the
flash's built in sensor).

If you get an OM-4[T,ti], you could easily get spoiled relegating the OM-1n
as the "extra" or "spare" body.

-- John