Re: [OM] [OT helium balloons] Anyone got a shift lens for sale?

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT helium balloons] Anyone got a shift lens for sale?
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 22:47:05 -0700 (PDT)
Gary Edwards wrote:
I've always wanted to try a large model rocket.  The rocket-borne shots
that
you usually see are terribly poor quality.  They usually use
disposables or
the equivalent.  Anyone want to loan me an OM body and a Zuiko for the
experiment?
Gary,
Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to lend you the grear for this
imaginative project. However, I thought I'd add my two cents' worth and
wish you the best of luck.

Rocket-borne photography is a very hit-and-miss affair. The trouble is,
you can't really predict the rocket's flight path, nor its orientation
as it ascends. For that reason, the photographic equipment used must be
rather special, extremely flexible and capable of being manipulated and
adjusted very quickly by automatic controls.

You'll need an OM-6SC (Self Composing) body with the Zuiko
8-800mm/f1.2-f64 Turbozoom autofocus lens with self-contained lens
hood. Film speed will be quite critical: I suggest nothing slower than
ISO 13200 (or thereabouts). You'll also need the Olympus MD3
(self-firing motor drive @50 fps) and high capacity back (10,000
exposures). Fortunately, the OM-6SC, in addition to being self
composing, is also able to bracket each exposure +/- 4EV in 0.1 EV
increments if set to 'PANIC' mode (hence the need for the high capacity
back).

If you're lucky, you might get at least 2 acceptable exposures out of
1000; if not, well, at least you tried ;-)

Regards,

=====
Ray