Re: [OM] Re: Expodisc (was "In need of 2nd OM body")

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Expodisc (was "In need of 2nd OM body")
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:04:43 PDT
George's theories about exposure are also occasionally subjected to ridicule by some folks on CompuServe, mostly because he's attempted to link the zone system to color photography. Purists say this is impossible, hence dismissing Wallace entirely. I, OTOH, will listen to anybody at least once, dismiss the nonsense and steal the good ideas, claiming them as my own.

For example, Wallace is a proponent of pre-flashing film for contrast control. While he recommends Kodachrome for this practice, I've tried it on Fuji Sensia and on Agfa color print film. In both cases I noticed some improvement in contrast control and, in the case of the Agfa film, a remarkable increase in color saturation. But experts say this is nonsense, so I'm probably wrong, as usual. ;^>

Lex

From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

George Wallace is still active making these things and touting their virtues and uses. He was a student of Minor White and I believe is a retired prof of photography. I'm on his mailing list and get drafts of little treatises he writes on exposure measurement in theory and practice.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA