Re: [OM] OM body/camera prices

Subject: Re: [OM] OM body/camera prices
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:56:25 -0700 (PDT)
David Low wrote:
As for Champagne v versus titanium versus black, in the UK it doesn't
matter a jot (all other things being equal). In fact many photographers
of my acquaintance would never ever go for black, as it disfigures so
quickly. I wish my NIB OM2sp was in metal rather than paint. (Actually
black bodies usually go a bit cheaper in shops here, coz they are
usually shabbier).
Another thing about black is that it absorbs and radiates heat well and
is the opposite of chrome in this regard. Theoreticaly, on a sunny day
a black camera body will heat up more quickly than a chrome plated one.
I'd be interested to know if anyone has noticed such a phenomenon.

I agree with David, by the way, that an old black camera usually looks
scruffier that a similarly aged chrome plated one. The chrome OM-2N I
bought recently looks surprisingly clean and unmarked for its age; I
bet if it was black there would show be a lot more brassing and scratch
marks. I also agree, BTW, that it's a pity the 2S was only available in
black - maybe I should get mine stripped and chrome (or gold) plated?
;-)

Regards,

=====
Ray