[OM] Re: In need of 2nd OM body + more accurate metering....

Subject: [OM] Re: In need of 2nd OM body + more accurate metering....
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 21:25:52 -0700 (PDT)
Mike Swaim wrote:
Another thing that I haven't seen brought up in this thread is that
while the meter on the OM-4 is phenomenal, one thing no in-camera meter
will do is incident metering.
Actually, Mike, I have a white translucent plastic dome that was given
away free, years ago, with a UK photo magazine (I think it might have
been "SLR Camera"). When you hold this dome over the lens, the camera's
meter becomes an incident light meter. You then just have to take the
camera to the subject's position and point it towards where the photog
will stand to take the picture. This gives the required aperture and
shuter speed according to the incident light level. I've tried it and
it works well but I rarely need to use it.

Regards,

=====
Ray