Re: [OM] questions

Subject: Re: [OM] questions
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:29:27 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Ray Moth wrote:

> Peter Dixon wrote:
> I shoot a lot of low-light stuff in badly lit tombs in eygpt with my
> 50/1.4 on my om 4. Large (often wide-open) apps. being the norm, is
> the 2-13 screen any better (ie. brighter) than the 1-13? If not , is
> the beattie version good, and if so does anyone based in the uk know a
> supplier?
> Peter, I understand the 2-13 screen is significantly brighter than the
> 1-13.

It is.  Makes my 500 F/8 look more like an F/4.

> I've ordered one recently from Jaap Korten's "Wide Angle" site in
> Rotterdam. That could be a convenient source of supply for you.

Certainly is.  I recently bought a 2-4 and a 2-13 from him, for
marginally more than the price I've been quoted by camera shops for just
one of them.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |