Re: [OM] Pittsburgh, Pensylvania

Subject: Re: [OM] Pittsburgh, Pensylvania
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:48:32 -0700
Cc: Olympus mail list <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Chuck:

Interesting continuation to the saga that is Pittsburg Camera Exchange.
Their tit-for-tat remains my only negative feedback to date.

They have largely abandoned reserve price auctions. I suspect the
reserve price fees where costing them a bundle because more and more
buyers were ignoring their auctions. They also use Mister Lister, which
can lead to loosing track of what one is selling when you just keep
putting the same unsold stuff up week after week.  You can always tell
the wholesale jobbers since they auto list their stuff in hords. Heaven
forbid that someone sells something retail in the store and doesn't tell
the guy/gal in charge of Internet sales.

The Kiron rarely shows up on eBay. I'd peg a 9+ condition one at $37-60.
I dunno what condition they have, but their price is roughly 2X the
Zuiko.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV