Re: Sv: [OM] Color films in general? New Kodak color-film????

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] Color films in general? New Kodak color-film????
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:06:00 +0200
On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 05:57:44PM +0000, John A. Lind wrote:
> At 19:31 7/11/00 , Lars wrote:
> >I just got the July issue of the German Fotomagazin, which has a test of 67
> >color films, including the new "Farbwelt" (Color World) Kodak films. The
> >all get a "super" label and seem to be a bit better than the older Kodak
> >films, including the "Royal" series, and Fuji's films, with extremely good
> >enlargement capabilities, grain and resolution.
> >
> >I don't think they are on the market here yet.
> >
> >Lars
> >
> >----------
>
> My ability to read technical German is fading over time.  I was able to
> dredge out the Kodak Gold and Max data from an "English" site.  It looks as
> if the Farbwelt 100 and 200 are the *same* as Gold 100 and 200.  The
> Farbwelt 400 looks similar, but not significantly different, to Max 400.

Yes, the 'Farbwelt' films are sold under different names in other countys.
It is a Marketing idea to introduce this films with a new name in Germany,
while they sre sold as new versions of known films in other countrys.
But dont ask me why.
I´ve read an article about that, but can`t remeber the exact terms.
I don`t know too much about color films, because I only shoot slide films.

Frieder Faig