Re: [OM] Kodak Supra film experience?

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak Supra film experience?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:16:42 +0000
At 23:28 7/12/00 , Dave Dougherty wrote:
>I went to the Kodak web site and could find nothing about the new Supra film.
> Anyone know of a URL that has some information?  Does it process C-41?
>
>Dave Dougherty

Dave,
The easy to find stuff on Kodak's site is advertising hype for
"snapshooting" consumers.  They do have an extensive professional area and
a large amount of technical information.  However, you have to use the
"products" and "Service and Support" links in small print at the upper left
of their main (home) page to get to the "back room" of technical information.

Yes, Supra is a C-41 color negative.

Kodak has discontinued the "Ektapress," "Pro" and "Vericolor" C-41
professional color films.  They have been replaced by the "Portra" and
"Supra" films.  Supra is a replacement for Ektapress.  Portra VC for Pro,
and Portra NC for Vericolor.  This does not mean they have the same color
rendition.  Some former users of Pro might prefer Supra, and some former
users of Ektapress might prefer Portra VC.

URL for information about all the professional color C-41:

http://www.kodak.com/cgi-bin/webCatalog.pl?category=Professional+Color+Negat
ive+Films

>From the links on this page you can access information about each film line
including getting to the data sheets so you can compare films.  For data
sheets on other films, go to the "Service and Support" area and keep wading
around until you finally get there.  It's where I *finally* found data
sheets on Kodak Gold and Gold Max.  Strangely, Kodak has made the data
sheets on all its reversal, Royal Gold and B/W films more accessible with
links to them from the general information pages about the films.

Note:  Kodak still has pages for Ektapress, Pro and Vericolor because
stocks are still in the hands of retailers and users.  However, if you go
to any of the individual pages for them, the first line at the top
announces their discontinuation.

-- John