[OM] remove f stop detents???

Subject: [OM] remove f stop detents???
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 08:14:56 EDT
I was out shooting last evening, and I realized that I hate the f stop
detents on my lenses. I dont' like having to fiddle with them to get in
between f stops. I would rather not have them at all. I know from
taking apart third party lenses with the f stop ring at the rear of the
lens that removing the ball is no big deal. However, I want to do this
on my Zuiko lenses, and since they have the f stop ring towards the
front of the lens, I don't know where the ball detent is located. Can
someone give me a brief explaination on this? These are primes, not
zooms. I will of course keep the silly little balls so that I can
revert them to normal if I ever want to sell them.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright