Re: [OM] remove f stop detents???

Subject: Re: [OM] remove f stop detents???
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 08:25:21 -0500
On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 08:14:56AM -0400, Dirk Wright wrote:
> I was out shooting last evening, and I realized that I hate the f stop
> detents on my lenses. I dont' like having to fiddle with them to get in
> between f stops. I would rather not have them at all. I know from
> taking apart third party lenses with the f stop ring at the rear of the
> lens that removing the ball is no big deal. However, I want to do this
> on my Zuiko lenses, and since they have the f stop ring towards the
> front of the lens, I don't know where the ball detent is located.

On the Zuiko primes I've had apart, the aperture ring is held in by the name
ring at the front of the lens and the filter flange. Use a rubber stopper to
remove the name ring. The filter flange will come loose, and then the
aperture ring will slide off. The detent ball rests atop a spring in the
lens frame. The filter flange (which has the aperture index mark on it) is
keyed, so it will only go back on in the correct position.