RE: [OM] remove f stop detents???

Subject: RE: [OM] remove f stop detents???
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:30:10 EDT
>:On the Zuiko primes I've had apart, the aperture ring is held
>:in by the name ring at the front of the lens and the filter flange.
>

>Is this also true for the 135/2.8? I've got one that probably has its
ball
>missing, and I hated the effect. Aperture could shift during action
without
>noticing it. I put a piece of elastic underneath the ring to stop this
shift
>but I would want the click stops back. What's the size of the ball?

Well, I don't know if this would be a problem for me. Since I have no
idea what the aperture setting is when looking through the viewfinder,
all I can care about is that the indicated exposure is correct. I also
don't know how loose the ring will be with the detent gone. I do like
the idea of being able to set the aperture at any strange intermediate
positions with just the side of my finger. I'm going to try it out on
an expendable lens like my 135/3.5 first. I suppose I could even try it
on one of the third party lenses even before that....yeah, that's it,
sacrifice that sucker.....hey Guido, like the candles and get the
incense burning, would ya?.......now, where's my black cloak and pointy
hat.....ah, here it is, next to the crystal pendulum and runes
bag....hmmmm, when is the next full moon anyway........have to check my
astrological calender.......

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright