Re: [OM] OM 4T Vs. OM 4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 4T Vs. OM 4Ti
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:06:01 -0500
At 01:27 PM 7/13/2000 EDT, you wrote:
>Need help with this.  Need to know what is the difference between an OM4T
and
>4Ti?
>Are they both titanium or is only the 4Ti?
>
>Thanks,
>Albert

The material difference is only the "i" in the marque. They are the same
camera.

Let's see if I can remember the historical difference.  At one time the 4T
was made for USA distribution, while the rest of the world got the 4Ti.
This was to restrict US warranties to only the 4T and thereby discourage
gray market adventures.  Olympus eventually ran out of 4T's I suppose and
gave up on the restriction of warranties, so now all new and recent 4's
world-wide are OM-4Ti's.  Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA