Re: [OM] shutter curtain

Subject: Re: [OM] shutter curtain
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 23:06:42 EDT
In a message dated 7/13/2000 10:32:55 PM, omtech@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< That is supposed to be  what makes whale oil such a good lubricant.  It

doesn't dry up/cake up with age.  I know, I know, save the whales, and I

agree with that. But the bottle of oil I've got goes back to my days at

Nikon, and throwing it away, not using it, would be too much of a waste.

And it sure does stink!

John  Hermanson >>

John:

I suspect the Zuiko lenses are more in danger of extinction than the whale,
so I'm sure some noble whale might be willing to sacrifice for the cause.
<g>  BTW -- don't the Japanese still practice whaling? Isn't whale oil
available commercially from Japan? And/or other whaling nations?

As for tossing what you have, that wouldn't really help the whale it came
from, would it? It might make the "Save the whale, but abort the babies"
crowd happy, but the whale who contributed the oil could care less. Seems it
would be more fitting to use it and let it make a continuing contribution to
Zuikodom. Sort of like a memorial. Then every time some lucky recipient
clicks a well-lubricated shutter they could have a moment of silence for the
whale who made it possible.

Don't quite know what to do about the stink though. Think tomato juice might
help?  <g>

Robert