Re: [OM] Listee equipment sales and prices (Long & OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Listee equipment sales and prices (Long & OT)
From: Frank van Lindert <franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 22:55:29 +0200
I agree that this is weird, Robert.
I think it would be best if ALL reference to eBay auctions would be
kept off this list (and I told you already off list that I am a happy
eBay user myself, both as a seller and as a buyer!)
People who do want to use eBay are sufficiently knowledgeable to look
through the auction lists themselves as often as they want to, make
searches for wanted items, etcetera.
Sellers do not have to fear for too little attention, IMHO - the site
has a big number of visitors.
As to the bidders: for them it could be a nuisance if they see that
precious item advertized on this list which they hope to remain
unnoticed by all other Olympus addicts, and which they want to be the
only bidder for... ;-)
It has been that way, only three years ago in the early eBay days. But
that seems ages ago. Another old-timers disease - talking about the
good old days. I had better stop here...

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht Holland.