RE: [OM] oM-1

Subject: RE: [OM] oM-1
From: "John J. Gettis" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:54:46 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From:   Geoffrey M. Smith [SMTP:gmsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Friday, July 14, 2000 8:07 PM
To:     olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        [OM] oM-1

can you please refer me to the nearest Olympus repair shop? I have an
OM-1 that needs its light meter rebuilt. Any ideas? I hate to give up
this camera; have had it for over 20 years. I live in Northern
Wisconsin, (Bayfield). Thanks so much .

Krisi

Krisi:
My advice is to check out John Hermanson's web-site zuiko.com  and send it
to him.  That is what I have done.  I could have gotten mine fixed cheaper
locally.  I mostly needed the foam replaced but I decided that I wanted
John to do it because he also does a battery conversion that allows 357
watch batteries to be used in the camera and I believe that he probably has
more experience with the Olympus cameras then the people in my area do and
I live in southern California.
  John Gettis