Re: [OM] OM Zuiko 75mm / 150mm f4 zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Zuiko 75mm / 150mm f4 zoom
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:26:30 -0700
Gary Reese wrote:

> John Hudson writes:
>
> << I heard today from someone in the photo trade, whose opinions I have
> never had reason to doubt in the past, that the 75mm / 150mm f4 zoom is
> going, or has already gone, out of production. This was from an existing
> Olympus dealer.
>
> Is anyone able to confirm or definitely refute what I was told? >>
>
> It has been out of production for 13 years. While it was on the Sept 1,
> 1986 price list, it was dropped by August 1, 1987. By that time it was
> already a 14 year old design.

For a 75 / 150 f4 zoom is this lens worth serious consideration or are
there other more up to date brands and models of 75 / 150 zooms which
have superior performance, engineering, and optics for the same price
range in which these sell for new and used and which can be fitted to OM
bodies?

I have no experience with zooms excepting only a 70/210 [?] Vivitar
......... it weighed a ton!....back in the early 70s on a Pentx.

John Hudson