Silver nose 50mm? (was: Re: [OM] Silver nose 85/2)

Subject: Silver nose 50mm? (was: Re: [OM] Silver nose 85/2)
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <thomas.clausen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 22:00:21 +0200 (CEST)
Hiya all,

This thread got me started looking at my own lenses, just for the heck of
it.

All but one are "black nosed" - the one exception is the Zuiko 50/1.8 that
for years have been in a serious relationship with my OM1md. It looks like
most other Zuiko's, except that the "front edge" of the lens is blank
rather than black. I.e. the "ring" where filters screw in is blank as is
the "ring" just below the apeture ring.

Is that what is understood by a "silver nose" lens?

I haven't noticed much differences between that and it's 100% black
cousins, but....

Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)