RE: [OM] eclipsed eclipse

Subject: RE: [OM] eclipsed eclipse
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:15:33 +0800
Acer wrote:

> durn, it was completely fogged over making it hard to see even the
> offshore oil rigs they had around. it was clear as a bell
> when i left here
> at 3.15a, and by the time i got to the 91/55 freeways, the moon had
> disappeared. even back here dad said it clouded over at 5am.
> bugger. at

Conditions were about as good as possible here (Melbourne, Australia), clear
night, but the usual light pollution.  Eclipse occurred with the moon almost
overhead, so the light pollution was not such a problem.  Took some shots
with the 300mm f4.5 + 2X converter, the moon didn't occupy much of thr frame
though.

Foxy, did you manage to see the Aurora ?  I didn't.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/wayneharridge/