Re: [OM] doublers + wide angles

Subject: Re: [OM] doublers + wide angles
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 19:02:31 PDT
I've used a Vivitar 2x macro focusing teleconverter with a 28mm and 35mm wide angle, but only for macro use. Didn't occur to me to try it for anything else.

These combinations produced surprisingly flat-field results when tested on paper currency. Since my 28mm is a macro focusing wide angle, it gave better than 1:1 magnification with the Vivitar converter. Only problem was almost no subject-lens relief.
-----------
Lex Jenkins
Visit "Vistas Tejas" at http://www.photoscene.com/lexjenkins/

Dear Olympus doubler users -

Have you experienced using doublers with wide angle lenses ?
I put my 28mm on the Vivitar zoom extension doubler and wow the
depth of field from the 28 mm is remains even though the focal length
is now 56 mm !

I think this might be a way to get two hummingbirds both in focus in
the same shot.   Does anyone ever use two doublers on a wide angle ?
Blaker wrote about doing this in his book "Field Photography"

Oh yeah -- thanks to the guy on this list that told of the trick to use
a 7mm extension tube on the Zuiko 35-70 mm zoom -- what a great
combination !  It's so light weight !  I took in on a long hike and
photographed
a Lorquinn's (spelling) Admiral butterfly and I did not need a flash !
That little 7mm extension tube is a great companion for wide angle
lenses !
I'll never leave  home without one again !

-- Hank Hogan <hogant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>