Re: [OM] eclipsed eclipse

Subject: Re: [OM] eclipsed eclipse
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 18:10:38 +1000
> Conditions were about as good as possible here (Melbourne, Australia),
clear
> night, but the usual light pollution.  Eclipse occurred with the moon
almost
> overhead, so the light pollution was not such a problem.  Took some shots
> with the 300mm f4.5 + 2X converter, the moon didn't occupy much of thr
frame
> though.
>
> Foxy, did you manage to see the Aurora ?  I didn't.

Nah, I went out all night while the eclipse was on, but it just didn't make
it up to my latitude 36 degrees south. The eclipse was good, the kids loved
it (when we finally woke them up). Up here it was real dark skies after the
eclipse started. And damn cold. Spewing the aurora didn't make it up here.
The last one visible here (cloud and latitude permitting) was 1989. I've
seen lunar eclipses before, so I was looking for an aurora. Love those
things.

Foxy