Re: [OM] An OM ebay story

Subject: Re: [OM] An OM ebay story
From: "Barry Obut" <barry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 07:01:35 -0400
I think not. At least one person has written to tell me that he thinks I
am at fault, so it's probably best if I say no more. In any case, if you
read all of a person's negative feedback before bidding, you are
always forewarned. There is a procedure for getting all (or most of it
on one page which I got from ebay Customer Support. However, my
experience is that if the person has more than 200 feedbacks and
you check all, it reverts back to 25, so it's better to check 200. Here
is the procedure:

First, what you want to do is get all of the other user's feedback on one
page instead of seeing only 25 comments per page.  To do this, go to the
Site Map, click "View Feedback" and fill in the screen with the user's ID,
picking the option for displaying all items on one page.

>From there, you can use your browser's "Find" feature to search for the
neutrals.  On most browsers, this is activated by holding down the "Ctrl"
key and hitting "F".   If you're looking for negatives, it's probably
easier to scroll the page as they're red and are highly visible.  If you
want to search for them, however, be sure you search for the word
"complaint" as that's how they show up.

> Without going into greater detail, could you tell us who this seller is?
> There are a great many of us who buy OM stuff through eBay and we could
> benefit by knowing this and be forewarned!?
>
> George S.
>
> chipstrat@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > Barry -
> >
> >  I know who you are talking about, and I have knowledge
> >  about one of his sales. Lets just say that his
> >  negative feedback does not reflect the full extent of
> >  his bad faith as a seller.
> >
> >  Chip Stratton

Barry Obut
email: barry@xxxxxxxxxx