Re: [OM] Quality of Zuiko single coated 50/1.4

Subject: Re: [OM] Quality of Zuiko single coated 50/1.4
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 07:46:46 EDT
>Dear all,
>
>I'd be interested to learn of people's experience with Zuiko single
>coated (SC) 50/1.4 lenses. I bought one recently; it was a bit tatty,
>with a (removable) thumb print on the rear element and a loose rubber
>focus grip, which I glued in place. Mechanically and optically it
>appears undamaged. Serial number is 6xxx,xxx so it's definitely SC.

that depends on how much you paid for it. If it cost you 20$, then you
got a deal. I haven't noticed a difference between the two versions
that I have, an SC and a MC, but I haven't done side by side
comparasons either. I've never had picture that I could immediately say
"oh, that's the SC POS that I used." The SC does flare much more than
the MC, which will lower contrast, so don't include the sun in your
photos with this lens.. In other words, you can take fine pictures with
it as long as you understand the limitations of this lens.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright