[OM] INFRARED FILM vs Focus

Subject: [OM] INFRARED FILM vs Focus
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:10:47 EDT
I am thinking about doing some infrared scenics.  A couple of thoughts
concerns and questions to the group:

1.  As one has to use a dark red filter on the lens, an SLR doesn't lend
itself well to this situation.  So I would use my Oly SP  w/42mm f 1.7 lens.

2.  The SP does not have the index mark on the lens barrel for the shift
necessary for Infrared focusing vs. Visible light.  However, due to the short
focal length of the SP lens and that I will be shooting at or near infinity,
does it matter?

3.  Finally, when Kodak gives a film speed for infrared film is that to be
interpreted as only sensitivity to the infrared lightwave and if so, do I set
the meter on the SP to the film speed or factor for the filter?

I would appreciate any input from the group.

Dave Dougherty