Re: [OM] An OM ebay story

Subject: Re: [OM] An OM ebay story
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:58:19 -0500 (CDT)
I disagree with this. eBay is a public forum, and the purpose of
doing business in a public forum is to leave a trail behind all
transactions. I think it is entirely proper to contact former buyers
and sellers, particularly if there was a problem.

FWIW, in my business, it is standard operating procedure to check out
your trading partners - financial statements, references, impressions
of their customers and even competitors. In an open environment,
business becomes much easier.

BBB

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:54:44 +0200, Frank van Lindert wrote:

>When a person backs out of an auction, it is only the business of the
>seller - who reacted correctly and gave him negative feedback. That is
>enough punishment as it is. The buyer must have felt guilty too,
>because he didn't leave negative feedback for the seller - until you
>meddled in their business...
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co/Bean Farms                http://www.beancotton.com