Re: [OM] hi, i'm new too.

Subject: Re: [OM] hi, i'm new too.
From: Sean Chan <Sean.Chan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:12:22 +0900
Hello Bern,

> hi. i'm new too.

Welcome to the club!!
> Having owned and thoroughly used two modern (all singing/all dancing/all
> bells and all whistles) cameras, I had been urged by a friend to "get back
> to my roots" So, like one of your other contributors (Mr Chang  in Oz)

May I be so bold as to assume you were referring to me :-) (wishful
thinking) :-

http://www.tsm.com.au/~sean/OM4TiReview.html

If so (it's actually Chan BTW :-)...), I'm pleasantly surprised that people
do read my rants.

> ...about the OM4ti. This little beast, even s/h, was waaaaaay beyond my
> budget...Eventually, I was delighted to find, in a sort of pawn shop,
> one OM1-n with the f1.8 zuiko on board priced at £130.

Unfortunately the OM-4Ti is quite expensive though well worth its money.
And like you I also have the OM-1 too!!

>     So I can only say to anyone who is just starting out in photography or
> perhaps more experienced but jaded in the enthusiasm department, START AT
> or RETURN TO your roots and if possible, do it with an OM.

I still juggle between my wonderbrick EOS-3 and OM-4Ti and it still
depends on my needs for the day - if I need fast AF for candid shooting,
I'd pick up my EOS-3...if not, then the OM-4Ti.

However, back to you...do take your time with the OM-1. Take the time
to learn, to play and use it wisely. This group is *very* helpful for
people of all levels. This has provided me the incentive to stay with
Olympus too.

Sean
P.S. Hey guys/gals!! I'm going to Seoul, Korea for a 1 month business
     trip. I intend to take my OM-4Ti, 28/2.8, 35-80/2.8, 135/2.8, T-32
     and 3-4 rolls of RDP-III, and 3 rolls of Agfa Scala 200 (B&W slide
     film). Any tips on good subjects for photography?? Tips on safety??
     How about known cheap camera retail stores?? Thanks!!
--
Sean Chan         Sean.Chan@xxxxxxxx       http://www.msdw.co.jp
EI/UNIX IT Dept.  +81 3 5424-4318 (W)        +81 3 5424-4399 (F)