Re: [OM] OT

Subject: Re: [OM] OT
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 03:24:21 GMT
George, you apparently haven't been afflicted with the CLOY virus yet. The same week the dreaded "I Love You" virus struck several weeks ago, I received a cloying e-mush from my eldest daughter entitled - yup - "I Love You." The gist of the story was that lonelyhearts should get together, brokenhearts should be reconciled, blah, blah, blah, before the object of one's affection is abducted by aliens or some such thing. My daughter means well, but most of these e-blurbs are just icky.

Hence, I invented the CLOY virus and dedicated it to cyberboops everywhere who use "luv" in their e-mail address, especially those from AOL.

Lex

From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx

If you ever had a computer virus, I don't think you'd be sending this "joke".
There's nothing funny about a virus, IMO

George S.

giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

List traffic seems to be down today so I thought I would pick it up by sending out a virus. We haven't had one for some time now.