Re: [OM] OT

Subject: Re: [OM] OT
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 12:19:06 +0000
JUst for everyones information, the list server software blocks any
messages with attachments over a set, fairly small, size  (Peter Davies
please note ;-).  Such messages do not make it to the list, I get them for
my attention, complete with nasty attachment.

I have received several viruses in this way, however, luckily I am not
prone to opening unsolicited attachments so I have not been infected by
any of these.  I also don't use Microsoft Outlook - which should be
renamed Look-Out! - which seems to be one of the worst virus vectors
around.

As far as I am aware, no one has ever received a virus directly via this
list.

Roger, I suggest you visit the TOPE 1 gallery to determine the exact
nature of the GIverson person.

http://www.web-wizards.com/olympus/tope

Since it has been established by thorough academic research that a
significant proportion of humour involves the suggestion of something
unamusing and unpleasant happening to someone else, I henceforth ban all
forms of humour or amusement from the list on the premise that such humour
is statistically likely to contain subject matter which might be regarded as
offensive by someone.

Offenders will be sent a copy of the GRUMP virus.  This is essentially the
antithesis of Lex's CLOY virus.  Just as annoying, but for different
reasons.

Giles