RE: [OM] OT

Subject: RE: [OM] OT
From: Hans van Veluwen <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 14:53:23 +0200
:JUst for everyones information, the list server software blocks any
:messages with attachments over a set, fairly small, size
:Such messages do not make it to the list, I
:get them for my attention, complete with nasty attachment.
:I have received several viruses in this way, however, luckily I am not
:prone to opening unsolicited attachments so I have not been
:infected by any of these.
:As far as I am aware, no one has ever received a virus
:directly via this list.

That's good to know. I was just wondering, is the list server software also
able to block any messages sent in HTML format containing embedded script
viruses, like Kak and Bubbleboy?

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/kak.htm
http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/bubb-boy.htm

These viruses are worms that are able to spread via email *without* opening
an attachment.
In Outlook Expr*ss, even *viewing* the message in "Preview Panel" causes
their execution...

hnz