Re: [OM] OT ebay auction ethics

Subject: Re: [OM] OT ebay auction ethics
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 08:35:48 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 07:40:08 GMT, Simon E wrote:

>1.   put a decent bid in now and hope for the best
>
>2.   make him an offer privately.
>
>I don't know if this second approach is unethical, but I would prefer it,
>under the circumstances. What if there had been no bids? Would this method
>still be unfair?

Under the eBay rules, #1 is your only option. Although it does
increase your chances of being outbid at the last moment, c'est la
vie. Just remember you're not buying medicine for your mother, so
missing the occasional deal on a lens shouldn't hurt too bad.

BBB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx