RE: [OM] Aftermarket Super Wide and 500mm mirror

Subject: RE: [OM] Aftermarket Super Wide and 500mm mirror
From: larry_griffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:41:27 -0600
There is 49-72 step up on eBay now
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=388211376

Larry G. Griffin
AKA lgriffin@xxxxxxxx
PC Support
CDI at Agilent Technologies
(408) 435-6477
-----Original Message-----
From: Lex Jenkins [mailto:lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2000 9:46 PM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Samyang 17-28mm, which is becoming a bit more difficult to locate, has
many fans including some discriminating pros whose opinions I respect.

Samyang is the parent company of Phoenix, which also markets a WA zoom,
altho' I believe all Phoenix lenses are AF only.

Tamron, Tokina and Sigma may still make WA lenses for the OM mount, I'm not
sure.  Certainly enough were made that there are plenty on the used market.

Keep an eye out for the Vivitar 17mm prime, reportedly an excellent lens,
now discontinued.  I informally tested one of their current 19mm lenses and
it seemed fine to me - good resolution, contrast and surprisingly low
distortion.

Unfortunately I recently peered through a Canon "L" series ultra-WA and am
suffering from aftershock.  I declined to try the store's 19mm Zuiko for
fear of a relapse.  I'll have to wait a while for my expectations to settle
to an affordable level.
Lex Jenkins
Visit "Vistas Tejas" at http://www.photoscene.com/lexjenkins/