RE: [OM] Aftermarket Super Wide and 500mm mirror

Subject: RE: [OM] Aftermarket Super Wide and 500mm mirror
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 22:56:58 GMT
Alas, I have not heard a peep from anyone about the Samyang 500/8 catterdyslexic. I *have* heard a discouraging word about the Vivitar, and have wondered who actually makes the thing. But Samyang lenses are generally considered to be pretty good.

Since mirror lenses ain't very popular I've noticed than even the big name glass, like Canon's FD 500/8, often goes for reasonable money - like $300 or less.

With careful consideration of the background mirror lenses can make great pix. I've seen some excellent portraits and fashion shots taken by commercial photogs using cats. The distance required enables the use of just enough atmospheric haze to make for very flattering people pix. Like a free Zeiss Softar.

Lex