Re: [OM] OT

Subject: Re: [OM] OT
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 02:26:33 +0200
Yo,

on Thu, 20 Jul 2000 20:23:03 -0400, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>I'm with Phil and Lex.  I thought it the funniest joke I'd read in the
>past month... and yes, I know about viruses.  There's not much worse
>than death yet death and many other unpleasantries are the basis for
>many jokes.  Certainly there's room for a virus joke somewhere between
>death and taxes.

Me too - although it did some damage here: after reading the "infected" mail
it took me about 5 minutes and several pieces of solvent-soaked tissue to
get my monitor screen cleaned (unfortunately, I had just taken a mouthfull
of red wine when I looked at the posting; luckily, I was able to save my
keyboard by shielding it with my hands). Although, making a living (partly,
I also offer translation services) as a PC-consultant, I have to deal with
viruses more often than most, it's been a while since something in a mailing
list posting has made me laugh like that.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx