Re: [OM] Anyone want to sell an XA4?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone want to sell an XA4?
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 11:35:56 -0500
Were you serious? There was a databack version of the XA-4?

I'm happy with one black boring version of each.  My original XA's foam is
putty now. Anyone have suggestions on replacement? I thought I'd just get an
OM kit and cut it down.  Does that make sense?  If I remember (haven't used
it in a bit), it uses the OM-1 battery, so I'll have to use the adapter
(could be wrong, but I think it's the big mercury cell).

I just want an 'everywhere' camera.  I know, I could buy a current P&S and
get a much better camera, but that's not the point.  The XA is a wonderful
camera, but takes more effort than you'd think, with the split image
focusing and setting the aperture.  We'll see which one ends up being my
favorite.

One question to the group: How do you get the flash to turn on with an XA2?
I find focusing (three or four different steps), but can't find a way to
turn on the flash.

No manual, you see.

Tom

P.S. having never owned a Pen or other Olympus, I'm successfully holding
off.