Re: [OM] Anyone want to sell an XA4?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone want to sell an XA4?
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 00:56:55 GMT
There's a little lever beneath the ASA lever to turn on the flash. If the flash still doesn't turn on it's because the battery inside the flash needs to be replaced. If I'm remembering correctly that's not a simple drop-in replacement, tho' a relatively handy person probably could do it.

I don't have an XA2 with flash anymore, but I seem to recall that the button on the flash should be depressed slightly before pivoting the lever under the lens, to avoid placing undo pressure on the linkage.

I still have the XA3, sans flash, which I use almost exclusively with Fuji Superia X-tra 800. Nifty thing about this version is the DX coding can be overriden by taping over the code area on the cassette, in case one prefers a custom EI.

As you've noticed the latter XAs were zone focusing, which has always worked fine for me. Often I forget to set the zone and with fast film for better DOF, I seldom have spoiled shots.

Lex
===