Re: [OM] LEXMARK PRINTING

Subject: Re: [OM] LEXMARK PRINTING
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 08:18:31 +0100
Dave Dougherty wrote:

>Is anyone able to help with this question?   Lexmark sells three cartridges
>for their ink jet printers, ie. Black, Color, and Photo.
>
>What is the benefit of using the "photo" cartridge to print scans from
>prints, etc. ?

I'm happy enough with Black & Color (and the absence of inks to refill them)
not to have tried one. Lexmark claimed that the Photo cartridge reduced the
"speckly" effect, but in 'Which?', the UK Consumer Association's test
reports, they say that it makes no noticeable improvement, and the suppliers
of my refill inks say the same. I recently saw a presentation of the new
Lexmark printer, for which they've changed the Color cartridge type again,
but they made no mention of a Photo cartridge.

Regards,
Keith Berry
(Birmingham, England)
k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx