Re: [OM] Foam replacement advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Foam replacement advice
From: "Ian M. Stewart" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 19:47:44 +0100
John  Hermanson confided to us:
> I don't get any of the foam pre-cut.  I cut it down from large sheets.
> Using a fresh xacto 11 or single edge razor blade  works well. I cut on a
> rubber mat (with no grain to "lead" the blade around) and compress the foam
> with a metal ruler as it is cut.

> | I too had the experience of trying to put the adhesive type of strips into
> | the 2mm slots in my SP.  After three tries I had a mess and NO LIGHT SEALS
> | anywhere.  John, can I get pre-cut seals for the SP from you?
> |
> | Dave Dougherty

I must confess that being a tight !?*"$:-) I cheated and cut my own
foam from the back of a cheap mouse mat.  I tried to track down
the correct foam locally, but very soon gave up.  I get the test roll
from my OM10 back tomorrow.

BTW I didn't use any glue at all in the back channels, the hand cut
foam is just wide enough to retain itself.  I do have the advantage of
a proper cutting mat which I use for trimming photo's and for picture
framing.

If anyone's interested I'll report on whether it has worked OK.

--

Ian   <IMS>
                  Traffic engineering: Order out of chaos.....