Re: [OM] Re: fluorescent/daylight mix

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: fluorescent/daylight mix
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 05:41:52 GMT
Barry, I just had another lab reprint the Reala shots of a petrified wood building I photographed at night under a mix of halogen spotlights and streetlights (sodium or mercury, not sure), with a nice dash of moonlight thrown in.

You may recall my whining a week or so ago that a local Walgreen's that had always done good work for me before screwed up this particular batch.

Anyway, the reprints are *far* better. Colors are surprisingly neutral under that mixed lighting, especially considering that most of these exposures were 10 second to 1 minute in length.

I also took some daylight shots of the same building on the same roll for a baseline standard.

I'm definitely a happy camper with Reala. (Obligatory OM content - all were shot with the OM-1, 50/1.8, 50/3.5 and 75-150/4. For the record I cannot tell the difference in resolution and contrast between photos taken with the 50/1.8 SC and those composed identically using the 75-150/4. It's a darned good little zoom.)

I'll try to get some samples posted in the next day or two.
Lex Jenkins
Visit "Vistas Tejas" at http://www.photoscene.com/lexjenkins/