Re: [OM] THE GRAIL! (Wuz "Vivitar 285 flash for Oly 75-150mm lens...)

Subject: Re: [OM] THE GRAIL! (Wuz "Vivitar 285 flash for Oly 75-150mm lens...)
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 13:13:21 -0500
At 09:16 AM 7/30/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Lex Jenkins wrote:
>>
>> Yikes!  The Holy Grail of Zuikos!  A multi-coated 75-150/4.  Stop the
>> presses, call out the National Guard, frizzen the mizzenmast, hoist my
>> petard!
>>
>> How much did they want?
>
>I will double check tomorrow or Tuesday and let you know. I am 99.9%
>certain that there was no leading or trailing letter on the "Zuiko".
>Does your 75/150 have a leading or trailing letter and if so which
>letter?
>
>jh

Gentlemen, I don't think any 75-150/4 has a leading letter in front of the
Zuiko. I think that by consensus we have come to the conclusion that some
of the "consumer-grade" zooms (all MC) have the "S Zuiko" designation.  But
the "F.Zuiko" "G.Zuiko" indicator of # of elements and SC-ness does not
apply to these zooms.  My SC 75-150/4 has the lonely "Zuiko" sans anything.

Alas, I am very skeptical that you have seen an MC 75-150/4, John. :-(

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA