[OM] Lenses, MC or SC, etc.

Subject: [OM] Lenses, MC or SC, etc.
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 16:14:37 -0600
Oh, dear!  It seems to get more complicated the more I ask!  :-)

Lex, you're gonna have to come to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and go
lens shopping with me!  :-)  For that matter, bring Tom and his credit card
with you!  :-)))

I guess the only *real* way to know that a lens is multi-coated is if it has
an "MC" on it.  Or, is someone gonna tell me that Olympus put "MC" on
some single-coated lenses???  I guess the other way to make sure it's
multi-coated is to stay with the lenses listed in the Unofficial Olympus OM
Zuiko Lens Page as always being multi-coated.  Or, is this also subject to
Olympus' whims, too???

For that matter, am I making too much of wanting to stay with multi-
coated lenses???  If Lex gets multi-coated flaring instead of single-coated
flaring, then maybe it's not worth worrying about all that much???

Finally, maybe it'd be simpler to just as for some (hopefully)
straightforward advice...  I'm looking for a Zuiko medium range telephoto
(i.e. no longer than 300mm)  that will give me nice shots without costing
me an arm and a leg.  Which would would folks suggest?

Don't worry, folks, if I sound confused.  I spend 'bout 900f my life in
this state of mind!  :-)

Chris